Well, it’s been a whirlwind of emotions for Buffalo Bills fans this week, from Von Miller potentially suffering a season-ending knee injury, to a last second victory against the Detroit Lions. Meanwhile, around the rest of the AFC East, the New York Jets found a bit of a rejuvenation after switching from Zach Wilson to Mike White at QB and the Miami Dolphins continued their dominant run, despite some key injuries on Sunday.
AFC East Standings
- Miami LT Terron Armstead, a key member of the team’s OL, suffered a strained pec and will miss some time.
- Also on the injury front, the Dolphins had another injury scare Sunday, as RB Jeff Wilson went to the locker room for a little while before returning to the game.
- The Dolphins have now won five consecutive games after defeating the Houston Texans. That’s thanks in part to a huge day from Tua Tagovailoa, who recorded 299 yards and one TD in the game.
- Bills DE Von Miller will need another week or so before reevaluating his knee injury. (Therefore, he will miss Buffalo’s Thursday night divisional matchup against New England.) He’ll have surgery on his knee, it’s just a question of whether it will be during the season or after.
- The Bills made a string of moves on Saturday. Those moves included signing WR John Brown and DT CJ Brewer to the practice squad, signing CB Xavier Rhodes to the 53-man roster, and placing CB Christian Benford on IR.
- The Bills will host a free agent visit from WR Odell Beckham Jr. Buffalo is one of three teams to meet with OBJ; the other two teams are the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants.
New York Jets
- Mike White gave the Jets a much needed spark, totaling 315 yards and three TDs on the day.
- HC Robert Saleh said that this isn’t the end of Zach Wilson’s career in New York. But, after this performance by White, it’s hard to see them going back to Wilson this year.
- RB Michael Carter suffered a sprained ankle in their win over the Chicago Bears, but Saleh wouldn’t disclose the severity of the injury after the game.
New England Patriots
- RB Damien Harris wasn’t spotted at Sunday’s practice. Harris suffered a quad injury during their Thanksgiving game against the Minnesota Vikings.
- The Patriots will wear their classic “Pat Patriot” uniforms for the second time this season against the division rival Buffalo Bills Thursday night.
Featured Image: Rick Osentoski/AP