On the latest episode of The Rico Report, our host touched on the biggest games on the Buffalo Bills’ schedule, and gave us his best early roster predictions for this team. Let’s get into it, but first we need to know about Tre’Davious White.
Tre’Davious White Injury Update (7:06)
Before anything else, Rico brought in Buffalo Fanatics’ own injury expert, Alex Lucci, to take us through the Tre’Davious White injury and recovery timeline. It’s highly detailed, and worth the watch. Alex outlined three possible return windows:
- An active roster spot in Week 1 with a highly limited snap count. Tre wouldn’t be close to 100% yet, but by activating him early he could speed up his recovery and be a full go by November.
- An injured reserve spot, with eligibility to return for Week 4 against the Baltimore Ravens. It would give him some extra recovery time, and allow him to ease his way back onto the roster with snaps against two of the AFC North’s less-prolific passing offenses: The Ravens and Steelers.
- Starting the season on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list. He’d be back after six weeks, and this is the safest bet. He’d be able to return to the team with two weeks of practice across the Week 7 Bye, for the game against the Green Bay Packers.
In all these scenarios Alex stated that, biologically, Tre’Davious White would need until January to make a full and complete recovery. No hesitation, no pain, no more injury. An early return would be risky but could speed up that timeline slightly.
Still, even if we have a slightly worse record than hoped for going into the post-season, being fully healthy when we get there holds greater significance; Tre White would have made the difference in that Divisional game against the Chiefs.
Buffalo Bills’ Biggest Matchups For 2022 (31:00)
The Buffalo Bills have a few major games on the docket for 2022. The schedule is out, and we’re in for a tough gauntlet. It starts with the season opener against the Super Bowl Champion L.A. Rams, and gets tougher for the entire first half of the season. What are Rico’s biggest matchups for the regular season?
- Bills @ Rams (Week 1)
- Titans @ Bills (Week 2)
- Packers @ Bills (Week 8)
- Bills @ Bengals (Week 17)
- Bills vs. Patriots (Weeks 13 & 18)