Back by popular demand. Everybody’s talking about it. Some are saying it was the best article in the history of articles. No-one else could do this. Really not even close. People call from all over asking how we do such a great job. Ok. no politics. What’s the buzz, tell me what’s a-happening, What’s the buzz, tell me what’s a-happening..
“It’s a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one. You can tolerate a little compromise if you’re actually managing to get something accomplished.” –President Thomas J. Whitmore (Independence Day)
“Ohh, look at my little baby. Ohh, he’s a little Hercules! Show me muscle again. Ohh, Hercules, Hercules, Hercules, Hercules, Hercules! Hee hee hee! He’s so strong.” –Mama (The Nutty Professor)
“This is the Mount Everest of hacks.”– Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible)
SUBLIME – What I Got SMASHING PUMPKINS – 1979 BECK – Where It’s At BUTTHOLE SURFERS – Pepper
CAKE – The Distance EVERCLEAR – Santa Monica SOUNDGARDEN – Pretty Noose JEWEL – Who Will Save Your Soul
The O.J. Simpson civil trial begins.
3rd Rock From The Sun Debuts.
Hannity & Colmes as well as The O’ReillyFactor debut on Fox News.
Hulk Hogan becomes a “bad guy” in the WCW introducing NWO.
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air completes its sixth and final season.
George Burns passes away at 100.
The Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics kills one person and injures 111.
Minimum Wage takes a leap to a whopping $5.15/hour. KICK IT:
“Better make it last (Better make it last) Better make it last (Better make it last) Make money, money, make money, money Save money, money, save money, money.”
Tara Reade told her ex-husband that she was sexually harassed “in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”
Jim Kelly and his Almost-A-Dynasty, Buffalo Bills, lose the wildcard game to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Kelly called it a career going out as an elite starting quarterback for a playoff team. He certainly was not quickly replaced or forgotten. His retirement opened the door for Billy Joe Hobert, Alex Van Pelt, and Todd Collins to all be an NFL starter the following season. That experiment went so well that John Butler felt compelled to send a first and fourth-round draft pick to the Jags for unproven Rob Johnson. Johnson spent much of his time injured which opened up the door for CFL and Boston College legend, Doug Flutie, to snag the starting job as well as the fans’ support. This became one of the biggest quarterback controversies in NFL history. Jacksonville drafted Fred Taylor with that first-round pick. I would suggest The Jags front office came out looking pretty smart. John Butler ended up recruiting Flutie in San Diego after departing Buffalo.
Someone told me I have a tendency of straying off topic. No focus. Adderall was even not so politely suggested. Stealing shamelessly from Stephanie Tanner: “HOW RUDE!”
These were some examples of what was going on back in 1996. This was the last time our beloved Bills were 9-3. Shabby, this is not.
I’m not here looking for trouble. I’m just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle. Ok. Ok. I digress…
Things we know about the Buffalo Bills this week:
- Three Bills players currently lead their specific position in fan voting to make the Pro-bowl: Stefon Diggs, Jordan Poyer, and Andre Roberts.
- Buffalo could actually clinch a playoff berth with a win against Pittsburgh. Ok, not that easy. This would also require a Baltimore loss, Miami loss, Vegas loss, and the Patriots losing or even a tie.
- Josh Allen has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for a team-record third time in a season. He completed 30 of 42 passes for 375 yards and four touchdown throws.
- The Bills nominated Tre’Davious White for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award. The award is given to the player who best demonstrates the qualities of sportsmanship on the field, including fair play, and respect for the game and opponents. I would suggest this award would be the equivalent of the Lady Byng Trophy in the NHL.
- Cole Beasley and Micah Hyde were named to the Pro Football Focus team of the week. Simply sublime.