"I never ask for more than I deserve, You know it's the truth You seem to think you're God's gift to this Earth, I'm tellin' you, no way Yo ought to be thankful for the little things, But little things are all you seem to give, You're always puttin' off what we could do today Soap opera says you've got one life to live, Who's right, who's wrong? What have you done for me lately? Ooh, ooh, ooh, yeah What have you done for me lately? Ooh, ooh, ooh, yeah" - Janet Jackson
Where, oh where, can those Josh Allen critics be? Are they on a discreet holiday? Hiding in their parent’s basement? Chillin’ with their mates who boasted about casting that almighty vote for that lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier in 2020?
“If you didn’t want to believe in me, that’s OK, because I’ll make a believer out of you.” – Josh Allen.
35, 43, and 40 are the number of points the Bills scored during their three game winning streak. As close as the Bills week one loss was when the offense was rusty, they only were defeated by one trip to the end zone followed by an extra point. Pittsburgh does have a very adroit defense. The next three games were really never games that at any point of time I felt they were not 100% in control.
“Now control this, uhh, Control, That’s right, Control, Career moves, Control, I do what’s right for me, Control, And me wants to groove, Is that okay? Yeah! Ooh, control” – Janet Jackson
Those disciples of “Negative Stanley”, who purported Josh Allen was regressing, need to pump the brakes. Suggesting that we had a “one hit wonder” in number 17 was simply ludicrous.
One Hit Wonders
- 867-5309/Jenny–Tommy Tutone
- Tainted Love–Soft Cell
- Relax – Frankie Goes To Hollywood
- It’s My Life- Talk Talk
- Scott Mitchell
- Robert Griffin III
- Tim Tebow
- Rex Grossman
- Don Majkowski
- Matt Cassel
- Pop Muzik -M
- Tubthumping – Chumbawamba
- Warm Leatherette– The Normal
- Jason Campbell
- Josh Freeman
Allen was brilliant, finding his swag against the team formally known as the Redskins. TTFKATWR
“Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.” – Don Shula
358 yards passing, four touchdown tosses, one rushing touchdown, 74.5% completion, and being named AFC Offensive Player of the week. Not too shabby.
“If the quarterback throws the ball in the end-zone and the wide receiver catches it, it’s a touchdown.” – John Madden
Allen had over 69% completion against Houston. Ain’t that something?
“The chemistry between a quarterback and a receiver is almost like a dance.” – Jerry Rice
Now the prodigious benchmark. The Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead. A Primetime game. Mahomes vs. Allen. Sunday Night Football. It doesn’t get any better than that.
In addition to coaching Montreal to two championships in the CFL, Marv Levy coached both the Kansas City Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills. Levy had a 31-42 record in KC. He racked up a 112-70 record in the Queen City. He won 11 out of 19 playoff contests.
Maybe the Beasley booers can hook up with Allen critics and the lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier voters down in the parent’s basement. Stealing shamelessly from Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith, “I love it when a plan comes together.”
Are the Bills THE A-TEAM? I digress…
Things we know about the Buffalo Bills this week
- Tremaine Edmunds earned AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Houston Texans.
- Buffalo has outscored their opponents 118 to 21 during their three game winning streak. WICKED SICK!
- The Ringer, ESPN.com, Washington Post, and Pro Football Talk have elevated the Buffalo Bills to #1 on their Power Rankings. WHAT A RUSH!
- Three teams since 1972 have posted two shutouts in the first four games of the season. Buffalo is one of those dynamic teams. The other two are Washington (TTFKATWR) and Baltimore, who went on to win the Super Bowl in their respective campaigns. Bring it on!!
- Emmanuel Sanders caught five of six targets for a total of 74 yards against the Texans. The 34 year old star receiver has two touchdown catches so far this season. Looks like another solid find by MCBEANE. Do you trust the process yet?