(Setting: Waiving hands while making dream segment noises similar to Wayne’s World ,Wayne and Garth, only to give way to a narrator’s voice sounding similar to James Earl Jones.)
Pooh-pooh to the Buffalo Whos! he was grinchily humming.
They’re finding out now that no Football is coming! They’re just waking up! I know just what they’ll do! Their mouths will hang open a minute or two.
No smashing tables. No tailgates, No funnels. Can jam is missing, where’s champagne with the bubbles.
No corn hole. No smores. No snacks and more treats. No foam fingers, no horseshoes. No Charlie’s Roast Beast.
Drunk Santa, Drunk Elvis both not around. No Popcorn. No Pretzels. Long lines are not found.
Then the Whos in Orchard Park will all cry boo-hoo! That’s a noise, grinned the Grinch, that I simply must hear!
He paused, and the Grinch put a hand to his ear. And he did hear a sound rising over the suites.
It started in low, then it started to grow. But this sound wasn’t sad!
Why, this sound sounded glad! Every Player down at One Bills Drive, the tall and the small, were training and playing with no pads at all. Corona Virus hadn’t stopped Football from coming! It came!
Somehow or other, it came just the same! It came without fans! It came without opt-outs!
It came without media, players families, or snack shops! Opening Day is in our grasp. So long as we wash hands and wear a damn mask.
Buffalo Bills football will always be. Just as long as we have fans, like you and me.
Welcome NFL football while we stand. Heart to heart, but no shaking hands.
Hand Sanitizer and toilet paper are back in stock. A lady was hoarding just round block.
Maybe Football does, perhaps, means a little bit more.
(Setting: Waiving hands making dream ending sound ending dream segment. Returning to reality with one’s voice sounding quite similar to Lloyd Christmas.) I will make this utter silliness end now.
Find a happy place. Find a happy place.G’day, mate! Let’s put another shrimp on the barbie!
Things we know about the Buffalo Bills this week:
- Gabe Davis endures, shining as a rookie wide receiver taken in the fourth round. Let us not overlook the fact that the Allen-to-Diggs connection was shining throughout the 11 on 11 drills beating defenses over and over.
- Some injuries reported on WGR550 Sports Talk Radio: John Feliciano (upper body/chest), tight end Tommy Sweeney (foot/ankle), running back Taiwan Jones (knee), running back Christian Wade (quad), cornerback Josh Norman (hamstring), and fullback Patrick DiMarco (neck).
- Stephen Hauschka had a dexterous day kicking on Monday. Tyler Bass was a perfect 7-for-7 on Tuesday successfully kicking from 38, 42, 33, 41, 44, 47, and 50 yards away... So long, Stephen.
- University at Buffalo undrafted 2018 free agent Corner-back Cam Lewis had a-take-note-day. Lewis made two big plays back-to-back. First, he had an excellent pass breakup on a pass intended for Isaiah McKenzie, then on the very next play, he knocked the ball loose from McKenzie after he caught it for a defensive recovery.
- Zack Moss proved he’s more than just a running back used in short-yardage situations. Moss, similar to Devin Singletary, catches passes followed up by having wheels like Singletary.