Well it’s been a wild week if you’re a Buffalo Bills fan. From Josh Allen to Greg Rousseau, you’ve been on the edge of your seat all week waiting on any type of Josh Allen news you can find. Then, if you’re a fan of the other three AFC East teams, you’re riding high off your victories. But, let’s get into the news and notes around the division.
AFC East Standings
- Josh Allen missed yesterday’s practice, leaving his status for Sunday’s game up in the air. If he doesn’t go Sunday, it’ll be Case Keenum starting with Matt Barkley serving as the backup.
- DE Greg Rousseau is considered week-to-week according to HC Sean McDermott, meaning he’s almost definitely out against the Minnesota Vikings.
- It’ll be a family affair Sunday, as rookie RB James Cook faces his older brother Dalvin Cook.
New York Jets
- Rookie CB Sauce Gardner received high praise from another Jets great, CB Darrelle Revis.
“When you come in as a rookie, you want the elite players you’re playing against to respect you, and the only way you do that is be a playmaker. I think Sauce has the word ‘playmaker’ written all over him.”Revis on Sauce Gardner (via ESPN)
- The Jets remain in second place in the division and are the current five seed in the AFC.
- On yesterday’s injury report, four players were listed as ‘DNP’ ahead of Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns: CB Xavien Howard, OL Austin Jackson, OL Terron Armstead, and TE Hunter Long.
- Melvin Ingram has been a monster over five games against the Browns in his career, totaling three sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and a pass defended.
- Yesterday, the Dolphins made a practice squad move, signing FB Jake Bargas and releasing DE Big Kat Bryant.
New England Patriots
- HC Bill Belichick admitted yesterday that Indianapolis Colts LB Shaq Leonard was calling out their plays before they happened.
“I thought that there were two or three plays for sure that Leonard really got a big jump on and stopped us basically on those plays.”Belichick on Shaq Leonard (via Alex Barth)
- LB Matthew Judon is the current NFL sack leader with 11.5.
- The bye week came at the perfect time for the Patriots, as they have 12 players injured, including RB Damien Harris, C David Andrews, DT Christian Barmore, OL Trent Brown, S Kyle Duggar, and WR DeVante Parker.
- ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky said he would be willing to join the Patriots coaching staff if Mac Jones is still there.
Featured Image: Elsa/Getty Images