After a week filled with injuries and fans complaining about the sun, the Buffalo Bills face the red-hot Baltimore Ravens. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the AFC East, the Miami Dolphins look to take down a rebounding Cincinnati Bengals team, the New York Jets take on the below-average Pittsburgh Steelers, and the New England Patriots face the Green Bay Packers without Mac Jones.
AFC East Standings
- Bills CB Christian Benford suffered a fractured hand in Sunday’s game and will require surgery, per HC Sean McDermott.
- OL Tommy Doyle suffered a torn ACL while filling in for a concussed Ryan Bates.
- The Bills signed CB Xavier Rhodes to their practice squad, with a call up likely against the Ravens.
- The Bills signed OL Justin Murray, filling Doyle’s spot.
- The offense has seemingly rallied around OC Ken Dorsey after his meltdown in the press box, with Josh Allen saying the team “loved it”.
“Our guys freaking loved seeing that… As a player looking at your offensive coordinator, having that emotion and care for the game, and you prepare so hard… he wants to win. He wants to do everything in his power to win. I know people might be making a big deal of it, but as players, we freaking love seeing that.”Josh Allen on the Kyle brandt’s basement podcast
- The Dolphins arrived in Cincinnati on Wednesday ahead of the landfall of Hurricane Ian.
- QB Tua Tagovailoa suffered back and ankle injuries on Sunday. HC Mike McDaniel said he would have been listed as questionable if the team practiced yesterday. He should be good to go, per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero.
- In addition, McDaniel said that the following three players would have sat out: OT Terron Armstead (toe), TE Cethan Carter (concussion), and TE Hunter Long (ankle). Though Armstead is expected to play.
- The NFLPA has launched an investigation into the Dolphins’ handling of Tua’s head injury suffered in the second quarter.
New England Patriots
- QB Mac Jones suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday’s loss to the Ravens. Mike Giardi reported that Jones will be lucky if he gets through this without needing surgery. As of right now, a timetable hasn’t been set on his return. Though the Pats QB won’t rule out playing Sunday.
- The Patriots hosted five players for a visit Tuesday, including TE Thaddeus Moss, OT Sebastian Gutierrez, OG Josh Seltzner, LB Carson Wells, and DB Kary Vincent Jr.
- The Packers are set as 9.5-point favorites against the Patriots.
New York Jets
- The Jets placed OT George Fant on short-term IR and signed OT Cedric Ogbuehi to the 53-man roster and OT Mike Remmers to their practice squad.
- HC Robert Saleh announced that QB Zach Wilson will make his season debut this week against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Standout LB Quincy Williams suffered a high ankle sprain Sunday; a good sign for him, considering he had to be carted off the field.
Featured Image: Timothy T Ludwig/Getty Images