We’re back!!! Last week was an immaculate week for the Buffalo Bills. Everything that needed to happen to get them back into first place in the AFC East actually happened. Now, the Bills control their future and have some big divisional games the next two weeks against the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins. In this issue, we discuss Von Miller’s injury, and a bunch of other stuff from the division.
AFC East Standings
- The Bills will be without All-Pro DE Von Miller the rest of the 2022 season (and then some) after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL. The doctors didn’t notice a tear in his ACL until after going in his knee to repair his meniscus this week. Von said on The Pat McAfee Show that he expects to be ready in 6-7 months.
- Dion Dawkins was named as the team’s Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee.
- The Bills have signed DT Kendal Vickers and WR Marquez Stevenson to their practice squad. In corresponding moves, they placed DT Eli Ankou on the practice squad IR and released WR Isaiah Coulter.
- Tua Tagovailoa leads the entire NFL in Pro Bowl votes with 138,390 so far.
- The Dolphins got some reinforcements for the OL, signing veteran OT Eric Fisher to replace Austin Jackson, who was placed on IR.
New York Jets
- Jets rookie OL Max Mitchell is dealing with blood clots in his leg and lungs, according to his father.
- Rookie WR Garrett Wilson was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for another great performance.
New England Patriots
- Could Tom Brady return to New England? One former league executive thinks so. Former GM Mike Tannenbaum believes that Brady will either take his services to the Patriots or the San Fransisco 49ers next season.
- The Patriots are dealing with plenty of injuries this week. The following players have not practiced: OT Trent Brown (Illness), RB Damien Harris (Thigh), WR Jakobi Meyers (Concussion), CB Jalen Mills (Groin), and OL Isaiah Wynn (Foot).
Featured Image: David Butler II/USA TODAY Sports