Name: Jawaan Taylor
Height: 6′ 5″
Weight: 312 lbs.
College: University of Florida
Position: Offensive Tackle
Hand Size: 10″
Arm Length: 35 1/8″
Date of Birth: November 25th, 1997 (Age 21)
40-Yard Dash: DNP
Bench Press: 24
Vertical Jump: DNP
Broad Jump: DNP
3-Cone Drill: DNP
20-Yard Shuttle: DNP
60-Yard Shuttle: DNP
Games Played: 23
– Jawaan Taylor is girthy and powerful with long arms
– He’s also not content with a stalemate with defenders as he tries to punish them at will.
– Has grip strength and core strength keeps base blocks centered and his
punch is tight and generally direct
– Hellacious run blocker with a nasty streak
– Weight control must be done as he has played his college career at over 340 lbs.
– He has inconsistent angles to scoop and seal 4- and 3-techniques, also his punches sometimes reach the neck, which would result in a personal foul
– Has an excessive number of false starts over last two years
– He also tends to overshoot his landmarks, allowing defender to leak around him
Jawaan Taylor is a throwback right tackle with adequate foot quickness for pass-protection duties and above-average size and nastiness to fit the “road grader” model. Taylor strains to cave, kick or drive his opponent out of the way. His feet are good enough to slide out on speed rushers and redirect them past the pocket, but his hustle to protect his edge will expose him to inside moves from power counters. He’ll need technique work in the run game and has to keep his weight in check, but he should be an early starter at right tackle or guard with a positive impact on the run game right away.
|NFL Player Comparison: Morgan Moses, Washington Redskins|
|NFL Draft Projection: Top 15 Pick|
Please follow and like us: